Join two representatives from the British Voice Association (BVA) for an interactive workshop on vocal care and how to keep your voice flexible and well maintained pre and post singing. Do’s and don’ts and common pitfalls that lead to vocal issues. Workshop to include…
– Practical advice on staying health as a singer (diet, hydration, exercise etc.)
– Application of simple voice exercises designed to warm up the vocal anatomy prior to more technical singing specific scale work.
– Introduction of Semi Occluded Vocal Tract (SOVT) exercises to set up optimal vocal gestures for singing.
– Application of SOVT in pitch flexibility exercises and how to apply these on the fly when learning repertoire.
– Finally, practical advice on what to do if you run into vocal difficulties and where to go if you require specialist help or assessment.